Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By barnez Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:35 pm
Hey there, the A bank button on my MPC 1000 doesn't work anymore...as the tact switches are going out and deoxit is no longer working . I ordered some new switches to solder with a friend of mine, but the arrow keys and pad banks are barely working in the meantime. Is there a different secondary function of another key or something in the jj os2xl that can switch pad banks or move the cursor until I can solder the new tact switches? thanks ahead of time!
By HattyDamp Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm
Hi...i am a new user here. If you are an owner of an MPC1000, you are probably aware of a few bugs that remain unresolved by Akai, even though they are currently on OS version 2.13 of the official MPC 1000 operating system. In 2007, a rumoured ex-member of the Akai coding team released his own version of the MPC1000/MPC2500 operating system. The idea behind the free JJOS was to fix all the outstanding niggling bugs present in the official Akai operating system and to make some small workflow improvements.