Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By memory foam Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:02 pm
Hi all, while using mpc1000 with 2xl JJOS, I have this problem:

1) Sequence 1 is playing a loop, controlling a Synthesizer set to patch A.

2) Then I switch to Sequence 2, which plays a different loop, and this also switches the Synthesizer to Patch B (automatically with the PC number). This is my intention, making it easier to use one synth for a lot of different parts in a song, rather than just one patch/voice.

So, in between the sequence changes there is a "left over note" or an "extra note" that is played only one time. It only seems to happen when there is a Program Change when going from one sequence to the next.

I don't know if it is a MIDI problem or what, but I scrolled through the MIDI data in the track and didn't find anything unusual. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated
By memory foam Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 pm
Long story short, I found that some Rhythm tracks which were triggering internal kits on the MPC were assigned to a MIDI out channel as well... and even though they were muted they caused some ghost notes when changing sequences. Turning off MIDI on them solved the problem