Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 pm
le rat wrote:Yeah I forgot to give some news about this 2 weeks ago but :

-JJ stopped trying to implement "Pad play mode" because of limitations (only 16 pads, impossible to play a sequence at the same time, impossible to record). He anticipated complaints.
-He is planning to implement new CYCLE functions in mode+pad11.

It's not fresh news anymore so it's subject to modifications as usual :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Haha no worries mate, getting busy with the portable again :wink: I though JJ might have trouble implementing something due to the limitations of the machine and OS Space etc. I'm glad that JJ push the release date back instead of trying to rush it out

Bugfix wrote:yeah man, on any screen, totally recordable on 16 channels at once (also filter cutoff and pitch +/-octave)
Sounds pretty cool IMO, looking forward to messing about with it Bugfix :) I take it you can't use MPC mouse and this at the same time tho?

lobit wrote:btw I found out that V2 will be a free update from 1.xx
Cool nice one Lobit, that's a pretty nice touch from JJ :-D
By synthaddiction Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 pm
Hi guys I got an akai mpc 1000 today ... I wondered about something , it says jjos 3.8 , is there a newer one right now before 3.2? and... do you know if I download and installed the newer one whether i would have to pay for it ? --- thanks in advance
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:51 pm
synthaddiction wrote:Hi guys I got an akai mpc 1000 today ... I wondered about something , it says jjos 3.8 , is there a newer one right now before 3.2? and... do you know if I download and installed the newer one whether i would have to pay for it ? --- thanks in advance
Food for thought time, please don't double post your questions or hijack threads as it will/does/can irritate some people.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:15 pm
Taken straight from the JJOS website

About Ver.2.0
-Following feature was deleted.-
Pressure setting in Main screen
PATTERN
Cycle
Pads status display mode

-Change and the added feature-
1. Addition of a simul sequence. (Refer to manual.)

2. Pattern creation mode is added to [MODE]+PAD11. (Refer to video.)

3. Non-Destructive Chop was added. (A setup of chop of OS2XL is also reflected) (Refer to video 128XL.) (Refer to video OS3.)

4. A setup of a chord can be saved as a file. (Contents memorized to the flash memory can be made a file, and can be saved.) (Refer to video.)

5. "PgmMode" of trim is now possible with INST program as well. (Refer to video.)

6. Swing field is added to GRID. (It is not effective against the recorded event. Same as OS2XL)

7. [808] buttons are added to GRID. (Refer to video.)

8. F1 button of the main screen and grid was changed into "LOOP". (Refer to video.)

9. A slider can be used on the screen of a trim and a mixer.

10. F1 of the audio track was made into "CUE", F2 was made into "SetBars", and the feature assigned to the pad was changed. (Moreover, only 128 XL adds Q-Link) (Refer to video OS128XL) (Refer to video OS3)

11. Specification of loop edit of a grid was changed.

12. The feature in pad mode moved to the "Pad to MIDI out" window. (Refer to manual.)

13. Changed the maximum value of Hold of AMP to 200. (1-100 1=10msec 101-200 1=1bar) (Refer to video.)

14. Changed the maximum value of Attack of PITCH to 135. (Refer to video.)

15. MIDI-CC button was added to the mixer of a track and a pad.(OS3) (Refer to video.)

16. Display of a splash screen is added to a test mode. (Refer to video OS128XL) ](Refer to video OS3)

When a pattern file is loaded by Ver.2.0, it is converted as a sequence. (Refer to video.)
The list of pattern names converted when the track 2 was chosen by step editing can be seen.

Also its officially got a release date for tomorrow the 3rd of April :-D
By ShoRoc Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:01 pm
Thank you JJOS,
I'm back on 128XL after enjoying 128SP, transfer of projects was seamless though. Nondestructive chop is really easy & fun (i like). Pattern creation mode amongst other things I need to spend time with to truly appreciate its usefulness in my workflow.
Jus acknowledging & appreciating the amount of work put into these update. Give thanks bro...
By ukyuri Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:10 pm
:worthy: :worthy: I hardly post here, you are all a legend, especially JJ. THANK YOU!!! :worthy: :worthy:
You put so much back into the community! ...and not asking for a penny/cent...
My deepest RESPECT

Thank you
By SILIS101 Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:23 pm
Thanks for the update
By lobit Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:03 am
yes nondestructive chop is really easy and accessible from the program page

only thing I notice is it stops the sequencer when you turn on chop, which I believe 2xl does too.
you can restart it but some of the currently playing tracks sometimes cut out.

does anyone know if in the last version of os3 (1.52) if there is a way to access the waveform like you can in 128xl? with the bigger screen seems like you can see the waveform along the bottom, wondering If there is a way to do that with the standard size screen?
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:36 am
after resisting OS3 ver 1 for a while I gave it a throrough test over the passed month. I love it and wont be going back to os2xl.... What i missed about 0S2xl was having fx sets... and still do. But I definitely prefer non destructive slice to the NDC featured in OS2xl

lobit wrote:does anyone know if in the last version of os3 (1.52) if there is a way to access the waveform like you can in 128xl? with the bigger screen seems like you can see the waveform along the bottom, wondering If there is a way to do that with the standard size screen?

you access the wavefrom via the trim mode set to pgm mode.
step1. PGM mode > F1> tab to OFF field> set to ON
step2. Open Window > set # of slices > DO IT
step3. TRIM mode > F1

what i usually do... after setting the number of slices I will set the start points of the slices from the program screen for each pad. It isnt precise but you can get pretty close. Then switching to trim set to pgm mode you can zoom in and fine tune each pad slice very quickly... tap pad > set start... rinse, repeat.

Version 2 takes out more than it gives from what I see. Pad Pressure from main screen, Per pad repeat, hold, solo gone... patterns gone... only thing really coming back is NDC and while I know lots of people dig it I dont know if those ppl really got the workflow down for the way its done in OS3.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:12 pm
Big thanks and mad props to JJ for his continued hard work and support to continue to update the OS :smoker: . As many of us suspected before hand it now official, support of OS3 Version.1.52 and OS128XL Version.1.81 was ended. Hopefully will get sometime to mess about with the new version update this weekend :-D
By teevee Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm
I don’t understand the text below on the main-page due to, that JJOS have too many JJOS versions offered.

I have installed OS 3 V 1.52 and paid for unlocking in the past. I want to be sure before upgrading to OS 3 V2.

Do I have to pay or not to be able to use OS 3 V 2.0?