Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By HanHuman Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:58 am
ThobRom wrote:Does anybody know how to extract chops in OS3?
In OS2 it was with the shift button but it doesn't do that here.

F6 EDIT > EXTRACT?

For the zooming part of editing a sample while playing, you mean when you go back to main screen then come back to trim screen? Cause that seem to be normal.
As for non destructive chop, the loop stops anyway.
By ThobRom Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:30 pm
HanHuman wrote:
ThobRom wrote:Does anybody know how to extract chops in OS3?
In OS2 it was with the shift button but it doesn't do that here.

F6 EDIT > EXTRACT?

When I'm in program mode in the edit screen F6+F5 become the PLAY & CHOP button.
When I deselect PGMMODE, SLICE and EDIT are back, but now the chop number at the top is gone and I'm not accessing the chops.

I've seen a video on JJ's YouTube channel where he has PGMMODE selected AND the SLICE+EDIT buttons are visible. I have no idea why I'm not seeing it. I've just got a standard issue Black backed 1000, not some weird one off prototype as far as I know.

I just tried zooming in edit while playing a sequence and it seems to be working now.
It may have been a problem with reusing PROGRAM templates that I made for OS2?

But I'm testing it now without any pre-created template, and I still cant get SLICE+EDIT to display in PGMMODE.
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:46 pm
use play and chop... its the fastest way to date.

after you make your chops, go to trim mode and press f1.
you can then zoom in/out and fine tune the chops.
I dont love os3 v2 but this feature is killer.
By ThobRom Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:22 pm
It is an awesome feature, I like it.
Anything that speeds up the work flow removes a hurdle between you and creativity.
But people also do things differently and what might be quicker to some might be a hurdle to someone else.

Kind of like when windows 7 added "awesome" breadcrumbs, but took the up button away.
I dont see why we cant have both to suit the user.

And I've seen a vid of JJ on his youtube channel accessing the edit menu how I'm describing it as I'd like to do it.
Did he remove that function in the next revision after that video?
By HanHuman Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:35 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:use play and chop... its the fastest way to date.

after you make your chops, go to trim mode and press f1.
you can then zoom in/out and fine tune the chops.
I dont love os3 v2 but this feature is killer.

Man WOW haha didn't knew such a feature existed!
Definitely the best way to chop, thanks!
By ThobRom Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:26 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:use play and chop... its the fastest way to date.

Yes, but I want to extract the chops.
Example, if I've loaded a 60 second sample and I've made four 3 second chops that I want out of it, I want to extract those and clear the rest of the memory.

HanHuman wrote:Man WOW haha didn't knew such a feature existed!
Definitely the best way to chop, thanks!

So you offered me a solution to a function that you didn't even know existed.
Well that was off topic.
By HanHuman Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:01 pm
ThobRom wrote:So you offered me a solution to a function that you didn't even know existed.
Well that was off topic.

Solution relative to the amount of information you gave in the first place ;)
You probably noticed EXTRACT still exists outside PgmMode.
By JeriKo Jackson Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 am
ThobRom wrote:Yes, but I want to extract the chops.
Example, if I've loaded a 60 second sample and I've made four 3 second chops that I want out of it, I want to extract those and clear the rest of the memory.

This makes your needs more clearly defined. I meant no disrespect. I don't think its possible with non destructive chop to extract the slices you want as individual samples. I will have a look at it in a little while because Im curious myself.

Remember though that OS3 v2 is different from v1 and some things didnt cross over. But to be honest I do not ever remember being able to extract anything while in non destructive chop. Regular slice mode yes but not NDC.
By HanHuman Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:18 pm
Plus it might be the purpose of NDC in the first place, to be non destructive.
By ThobRom Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:26 am
I apologize if I cant explain this well enough.

I have to admit that I'm mostly a plinker,
when it comes to drum machines.

I dont know much about the farther capabilities.
By Lacertus108 Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:33 am
[MPC1000]
I've recently tried OS3 and decided that it's not for me yet, so I'm going back to OS2XL. Now I reinstalled OS2XL, but the samples in the programs that I saved in OS3 seem to playback at 1/8 or less of the original speed... Kicks now sound like drones, and rides like pads. The samples are tuned normally in the programs.

Has anyone seen this before? Does anybody know a way to correct this??

EDIT: Seems something has changed in the PITCH ENV settings in the programs... A simple matter of manually reversing all samples in all my programs... Good way to spend a beautiful Sunday :WTF:
By inflict3 Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 am
Man, I gotta say, my mpc1000 was sitting collecting hella dust for 2 or 3 years while I used everything else but it,. I loved os2xl but not enough, but os3 is totally for me, I can’t get enough, it brings a fun factor, I **** love it...I’m ainting and screen printing my mpc right now and have been for over a week and can’t wait to use os3 some more.. I feel like it breathed new life into my mpc :worthy: :worthy: **** yea. Thank you JJ :worthy: :nod:
By S1LA Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:01 am
inflict3 wrote:I feel like it breathed new life into my mpc :worthy: :worthy: **** yea. Thank you JJ :worthy: :nod:

Same here, I installed OS3 yesterday and and really excited about it. It seems a whole bit more intuitive and accessible to me as well as streamlined. I know some features from JJOS2XL haven’t been ported over to OS3, but so far I can honestly say I don’t miss anything. Also the inThru now doing effects is really cool for live performances. Then chopping is much improved also I find, especially the “start & chop” function was bitterly missed and its absence often made me feel confined and slowed down when chopping.

Overall my machine just feels more modern, more capable, more user friendly.

Big fat thank you to JJ for keeping up the grind & pushing the envelope!

By IanEye1k Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:10 pm
Hello.

I should be able to make this transition, correct?

JJOS2xl 3.45 > JJOS3 2.29

I would like to start fresh with JJOS3.
Using both the 1k sample engine, and the MIDI sequencing to control outboard gear.

Thank you,
ie