Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By lobit Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 am
its free from 1.52

while I see there are some power uses of OS3 here.. this has been bugging me (in all versions) :

If I have an INST program and I play the sample from and external midi controller and try to change the base pitch.. it will try to 'jump' to the pitch the sample was originally sampled at. makes it harder to tune a sample against another..

wondering if there is another way to do it without this jumping action. its not a problem in 2xl for some reason.
By Bain Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:39 am
Wondering if someone could help me here. I bought a 2500 last year that I foolishly sold but before I did I purchased a version of jjos that I don't remember. All I remember is that it let me adjust my start/end points from the program screen where the bar would get shorter depending on the sample length that you adjusted.

I just bought another 2500 and I downloaded the latest xl and os3 but I can't seem to get to that screen in program mode. Was this functionality removed in the newer version ?
By JeriKo Jackson Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:03 am
Bain wrote:Wondering if someone could help me here. I bought a 2500 last year that I foolishly sold but before I did I purchased a version of jjos that I don't remember. All I remember is that it let me adjust my start/end points from the program screen where the bar would get shorter depending on the sample length that you adjusted.

I just bought another 2500 and I downloaded the latest xl and os3 but I can't seem to get to that screen in program mode. Was this functionality removed in the newer version ?

OS 3
go to program mode
press f1
turn off > on

check my post from page 3 of this thread which breaks down non destructive slice
By Incredeeple Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 pm
Hi everyone!
I'm on the last version of JJOS 3 v2 (2.02) (MPC1000 Black pad fix), and i think having a bug in TRIM mode : every pad play from start of the sample, the "play from" pad doesn't work, so you can't hear the end of the sample when you want "extracting" for example.

Anyone have this issue?
Sorry guys for my bad english ;-)
Thanks
Matthew
By Bain Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:54 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:
Bain wrote:Wondering if someone could help me here. I bought a 2500 last year that I foolishly sold but before I did I purchased a version of jjos that I don't remember. All I remember is that it let me adjust my start/end points from the program screen where the bar would get shorter depending on the sample length that you adjusted.

OS 3
go to program mode
press f1
turn off > on

check my post from page 3 of this thread which breaks down non destructive slice

Thanks but os3 2.02 is not allowing me to do that from program mode. Nothing happens when I press F1. When I revert back to 1.48 and hit F1 it takes me to the proper edit sample screen. Maybe it was taken out in 2.02?
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am
Bain wrote:Thanks but os3 2.02 is not allowing me to do that from program mode. Nothing happens when I press F1. When I revert back to 1.48 and hit F1 it takes me to the proper edit sample screen. Maybe it was taken out in 2.02?

My mistake thought you were using os3 ver1.5
They took out that feature and added the non destructive chop from os2xl
By optik415 Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:08 pm
Im always going back and fourth with OS2XL & OS3. Which one do you guys think has the faster NDC? I always go back to OS2XL for some reason lol. I wanna see some diff points of view from people here
By optik415 Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:12 am
Since my reply above I have used both versions of OS3 and I cant bring in my quick workflow that I have with 2XL. I use the play marker (2XL) in trim mode as a guide for my chops and it makes the workflow super fast. With OS3 I feel like everything really slows down and trim mode is pretty sluggish to me. This is just my opinion and workflow but im curious about users who prefer OS3 over 2XL.
By Bain Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 pm
I've only had os3/os2xl for a few days now and have been going back an forth between them also. I think I actually prefer the 1.48 os3 chopping because it seems that it gives me independent control over the start/end points of each sample in Pgm mode.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I chop with os2xl the end of one sample becomes the start point of the next.
By optik415 Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:17 pm
Bain wrote:I think I actually prefer the 1.48 os3 chopping because it seems that it gives me independent control over the start/end points of each sample in Pgm mode.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I chop with os2xl the end of one sample becomes the start point of the next.

Are you talking about the F1 method?
By optik415 Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 pm
Im trying out the F1 PGM NDC mode in OS3 right now. I would totally use it if only I can get finer chops. Sometimes the number jumps too far and I cant catch the start point I want unless I do it in TRIM mode. Am I missing something here?
By optik415 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:03 pm
optik415 wrote:Im trying out the F1 PGM NDC mode in OS3 right now. I would totally use it if only I can get finer chops. Sometimes the number jumps too far and I cant catch the start point I want unless I do it in TRIM mode. Am I missing something here?

UPDATE: Figured it out. Press locate buttons for finer chops
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 pm
optik415 wrote:Since my reply above I have used both versions of OS3 and I cant bring in my quick workflow that I have with 2XL. I use the play marker (2XL) in trim mode as a guide for my chops and it makes the workflow super fast. With OS3 I feel like everything really slows down and trim mode is pretty sluggish to me. This is just my opinion and workflow but im curious about users who prefer OS3 over 2XL.

I used to feel the same about 2xl. I used that OS for many years. It took me a week of going back and forth before I settled on OS3. There are a couple things I do miss from 2xl but the chopping method isn't one of them.

Bain wrote:Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I chop with os2xl the end of one sample becomes the start point of the next.

In os2xl when u go to trim mode make sure u turn turn on CHOP and u aren't pressing the slice button
By Bain Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:53 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:In os2xl when u go to trim mode make sure u turn turn on CHOP and u aren't pressing the slice button.

I tried os2xl again and I noticed the difference, much better than slice :worthy: Now I'm trying to figure out if I can loop any of the chops, although I doubt it. Can you make destructive chops from the NDC program so that you can loop some of the chops?
By JeriKo Jackson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:15 pm
No way to loop or further edit beyond start and end points. For that the sample has to be sliced up.

So after a couple months running OS3 I am back to OS2XL. For me its the more stable. I found OS3 to be kind of clunky overall. Every now and then it would glitch out when taxed with various pad modes, qlink assignments etc. I tried version 2 hoping it would address those things but it hasnt really. I love some of the features but omissions like effects set and bugs like not being able to use both qlinks simultaneously are deal breakers for me. Version 2 ditches pad cycle mode! I really like being able to input chords via ext. keyboard on OS3 and repeat options for the pads with different repeat modes. I prolly would have stuck with it if it werent for the qlink thing. I like OS2xl alot and I will keep my 1k around for a while even after I get the live.