Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By chunkystee Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:33 pm
Hi, I've searched tons of hours but I really can't get an answer. I have a usb midi keyboard impact lx. It has only one usb port on the back,no midi ports. All the tutorials I've watched talked about midi controllers with midi ports on the back. Anyone can help me? :worthy:
By quietizkept Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:21 pm
I did this with my 1k, but it has been years. I had to use a program called MIDI OX & one of those $5 usb MIDI cable knockoffs from Amazon. Don't remember much, but after much configuration MIDI OX intercepted my MIDI notes etc & piped them down the ish MIDI cable into the MIDI in on the 1k. Suprisingly, I didn't notice any latency from this. Sorry I can't remember the details.
By chunkystee Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:13 pm
dude trust me i'm searching all day... the main problem is that there is no midi output on the back of my keyboard,as newer models are plug n' play: there is only a usb cable on the back which is connect to pc so you have both power and midi data transmitted. So in order to communicate with mpc you have some how to connect usb from midi keyboard to the mpc. Which cannot happen directly as the usb port on the mpc is only used to transmit files and not midi data. Also if I try the usb to midi adapter so I can connect the back of midi keyboard with mpc midi in nothing will happen as there is no power to open up the midi keyboard. I think the only solution is midi-OX... haven't figured out how it work,I'm doing my research atm
By conrad Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:57 am
Connect the USB keyboard to the PC.

Connect a cheap USB midi adapter to the PC, one with a midi out. Connect the midi out to the.midi in of the mpc.

Run midi ox. Connect the input (USB key board) to the output (USB midi adapter out)

Done.
By chunkystee Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 am
I've done exactly that. I can see that my keyboard is sending note on/note off signal on the midi out that goes to mpc's midi in but I can't hear anything (I'm attaching a screenshot,also). Maybe the settings aren't just right?

MIDI TAB:

Multi Timbre: OFF
Active track receive channel: ALL
Soft thru: OFF
Sequence change by program change: OFF
MIDI out after touch: NO

SYNC TAB: (don't know if that's really necessary)
Sync in: 1 (Slave)
Mode: MIDI CLOCK
Receive MMC: OFF

MAIN TAB: (don't know if I'm correct here)
i.e. Set to truck 2 DRUM
Pgm: The program I use
A01: A02: etc some samples I have on
MIDI: OFF

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Forgot to mention that I use JJOS2XL.

When I press a key on the midi keyboard channel 1,on both usb/midi (which goes to akai mpc's midi in) and keyboard midi, goes green.