Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By MrDismal Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:54 am
Hey guys before I run out and grab a midi cable just wanted to ask a quick one...

I've recently been messing with a 1000 (free JJOS) I bought a few months back.
Can I use it as an effects box with my 2000XL?

Let's say if I MIDI my 2000XL going into my 1000 can I use it as a compressor?
And if so, can I MIDI 2 tracks (say kick and snare) to have 2 types of effects that the 1000 has?

I tried just running it through the record in (sample function) on the 1000 but you can't monitor and record with effects on.

(I've never used MIDI) :WTF:
By Bugfix Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 am
MrDismal wrote:(I've never used MIDI) :WTF:

you won't drink cola of a photo camera...

it's fvkin audio route
By tapedeck Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 pm
you might want to check your understanding of the difference between audio and midi - the mpc effects are audio effects and you asked if that would work over a midi cable.

no you can't do that. you send note and timing data over midi.

unrelated: maybe i said it before but the beat in yer sig is dope. :mrgreen:
By richie Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm
Wait a second - Isn't there the IN/THRU option on the 1000 to essentially utilize the 1000 as an effects unit though? I know this doesn't answer the question relating to more advanced midi CC effects but I honestly have not looked into it enough to know for certain?
By tapedeck Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:32 pm
richie wrote:Wait a second - Isn't there the IN/THRU option on the 1000 to essentially utilize the 1000 as an effects unit though? I know this doesn't answer the question relating to more advanced midi CC effects but I honestly have not looked into it enough to know for certain?

as far as i know, some os's do have a thru function.

you still cannot get that with a midi cable - you'd need an audio cable. :mrgreen:
By MrDismal Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 am
tapedeck wrote:unrelated: maybe i said it before but the beat in yer sig is dope. :mrgreen:

Cheers dude!

Okay, so lets rule out the MIDI cable. I'm used to working with audio jacks anyway :D
@Richie, I'd love to know which OS supports this function!

I'm thinking of getting a 303 for what I'm after, but if I can avoid that and use the 1000 for effects - that'll be perfect!!