Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Dylan Griswold Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:42 pm
So, my goal is to efficiently mixdown my sequences into not one stereo wav file but several files, based on their separate tracks (Bd, Sn, Bass, etc.), using the internal mixdown feature in JJOS2xl. This gives me optimal use of my analog inputs on my interface to only use for my hardware effects. Thanks guys
By Dylan Griswold Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:22 pm
Mackie blackbird interface. I have 4 individual outs and two stereo but I really don't even want to use those so I can leave room for my interface to take my external hardware effects. Actually, right now, I am muting my tracks that I want to be separate, going into song mode, mixing down and then dragging into logic. Hm, is the most efficient way?
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 pm
The way I would do it is record your MPC through the Mackie interface as you would any keyboard/line level instrument.
Sample in Mono from the start, now each sound will only require 1 channel. Assign pads to individual outputs in the mixer screen. Out 1 -Bd, Out 2 -Sn, Out 3 -Bass etc. Plug 4 x 1/4" cables from the outputs of you MPC into your Mackie interface inputs 1-4. Set up some blank tracks in logic and assign them to record the corresponding inputs from the Mackie. If you want to you can use MIDI to sync the interface to the MPC so it will start the DAW wordclock when you press Play. You don't have to do this step, if not you just have to trim the start and align it to the grid manually afterwards. If you don't sync it just hit record in Logic and hit play on the MPC. Now you are recording each sound to its own track in Logic, to be mixed later. In my opinion generating and moving around files is boring and impedes workflow. Samplers are instruments and should be used as such.