Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By SPACESHEEP Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:32 pm
Hello everybody! I am sorry if my questions are stupid - I am a newbie in MPC using.
So...
1. I've made a project in JJ OS FREE and then switched to OS2XL. What I found - the sound become different compared to OS FREE sound. I suspect that it is something with velocity - because most significant difference I heard at the track with TOPS (hi hat and so on). TOPS was recorded without full velocity. I feel that OS2XL add more high frequencies to tops track. The sound become thin and weirdd. Have anybody any idea what happened and what i need to fix in the project to compensate OS2XL and OS FREE differencies?

2. In MPC track mute state is different for different sequences. This is uncomfortable for me because i expect that the track mute state for the whole project will be the same. Like in a normal mixer - if u mute the track it is muted until you unmute it. For example when you mute any track and then switch to next seq - you don't know what the track mute state will be for the next sequence.

So is there a way to mute/unmute tracks not for the current sequence but for the whole project?

I will apperciate your help!