Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By NocRon Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 pm
I have an Mpc 1000 JJos2xl newest version and Im trying to midi the pads so they work with the VST's sampler pads. Im only getting a signal from the playstart , play , bar keys and stop as of now from the MPC 1000 which are not triggering anything, but nothing from anything else. Please advise.
Thanks
NocRon
Program using: Mixcraft7pro
Sound card used: Tascam US-122L
By ThobRom Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:07 pm
I hate it when somebody asks a question and then some smart mouth answers and says "Why would you want to do that'?
But why would you want to do that?

It seems to me that my MPC 1000 pads really aren't all that sensitive.
And I've got the decent black back and the fat pads, but now I'm wondering what I did with my stock pads.
The fat pads are prettier but I wonder if the thin pads were more sensitive.

It just seems to me that there are SO MANY usb drum pad peripherals for dirt cheap that theres GOT to be something newer and more sensitive then the circa '07 1000 pads and it would just be no AC adapter plug and Play.

But if you really insist on using the 1000 I guess it is a MIDI controller and I'm sure there's a way.

You probably need to create a custom template.
Maybe even at both ends?
By Samp Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:30 pm
Hi,

Midi OUT (MPC) to Midi In (Soundcard)

+

Midi : not OFF (bottom right of the main screen of the MPC on JJOS 3)

+

Turn your track to "MIDI" on the main screen (at left, near the track number)

+

Settings in your DAW which allows your soundcard to display Midi in it

=

It Should work :-D
By HanHuman Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:05 pm
ThobRom wrote:It seems to me that my MPC 1000 pads really aren't all that sensitive.
And I've got the decent black back and the fat pads, but now I'm wondering what I did with my stock pads.
The fat pads are prettier but I wonder if the thin pads were more sensitive.

Off topic but yeah the fat pads are extremely sensitive, maybe you need to tweek the pad sensitivity.

For the midi matter, did you MODE + MIDI/SYNC > OUT: ON and set your output to clock ?
Cable should be MIDI OUT A to your soundcard's MIDI IN.
If that + setting the midi of track from OFF to A1 doesn't work, the problem must be on the your software side to set midi input properly.
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:20 am
Just chiming in here but having owned a few 1000s I'm curious if the MPC in question has the upgraded sensors. I have used 2 MPC 1k with just stock pads but upgraded sensors and they were fine. The upgrade is available from MPC stuff if anyone is curious. Without the upgraded sensors MPC 1k pads are garbage. It was a serious design flaw that pissed many a die hard user off.... Its also worth pointing out pad settings are adjustable globally or on a per pad basis in the Mode+OTHER screen.

If this is not the case Im sorry to waste your time. I use my 1k pad to trigger any and everything all the time.... super sensitive. I do own a Quneo though. Dope controller. The pads are certainly not as nice feeling but they are very sensitive as well.
By Bugfix Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 am
Since 1000 was able to operate and record on 16 channels (multi mode) I used to go with two additional (and separate) controlers: 4 channel keyboard and 32 channel knob surface (as MIDI mixer and VST control) + mpc pads for anything else (PC send, editing, mpc drums) all going to mpc sequencer and then to VST (and even back to controller for parameter feedback). Routable soft is also a godsend to have, to set this up.

You can use pads for VST as well, just 5 or more octave keyboard is far more handy. you can't record arpeggios from more than 16 pads... for instance, which plain sucks. Keyboard can be splitted (if featured) on few channels, and there is no need for changing tracks to record form other channel, as all is at fingertips... while mpc 1000 pads send on one channel.
By NocRon Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:08 pm
Thanks Bugfix , Im still working on it. I have to put it away for a few weeks and then try again because I get frustrated. Im getting a signal but cant seem to get the pads to play like a controller.
NocRon