Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Dylan Griswold Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:50 am
So, my MPC has been randomly restarting lately and losing all my progress. Happened like 3 times within the week, about a hour into my work and using multiple different outlets. I have had the MPC 1000 for about 2 months and never experienced this. JJOS2xl was installed a month ago and never had anything weird until now. Tried to do a factory reset on it but it went straight to the erase screen and did not restore anything. Help guys!
By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:48 am
Quite possibly a loose connection inside. First check the ram upgrade as that's easy to do (take it out to completely rule out any RAM issues). But TBH it's more likely to be something like the connector for the pads or the screen, or hard drive if you have one - remove the casing and check everything.
By Dylan Griswold Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:07 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Quite possibly a loose connection inside. First check the ram upgrade as that's easy to do (take it out to completely rule out any RAM issues). But TBH it's more likely to be something like the connector for the pads or the screen, or hard drive if you have one - remove the casing and check everything.

Will do. However, a loose connection inside would prevent me from being able to restore the system to factory settings?
By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:55 am
Shouldn't be holding down the ERASE key so long that the erase screen is actually displayed. Turn off the MPC, hold down erase, power on and take your finger of ERASE as soon as the boot up screen shows. Random system restarts are typically a sign of a hardware problem, not software; however you could try reinstalling Akai OS to rule out any JJOS issues.
By Dylan Griswold Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:14 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Shouldn't be holding down the ERASE key so long that the erase screen is actually displayed. Turn off the MPC, hold down erase, power on and take your finger of ERASE as soon as the boot up screen shows. Random system restarts are typically a sign of a hardware problem, not software; however you could try reinstalling Akai OS to rule out any JJOS issues.

Yeah, its failing to even do a system restart, which leads me to believe it is a bug or something. But yeah Im going to take it apart later
By Dylan Griswold Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:56 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Switch off, unplug, turn over, unscrew little metal hatch, the ram is there.

Yes, I installed the 128 MB, just not sure how to remove it ( don't want to break it)
By Dylan Griswold Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 pm
So, not positive but I have been playing it with a new cord for the past hour and its fine. The cord is now being used on my mixer though and my mixer is also showing no signs of failure though. Hm