Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By LogaRhytmus Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm
hello,

in "next seq" mode i swap different parts of a tune. is the any possibility to record the jamming and have this as wave or midi file?

kind regards
By Menco Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:50 am
Use Song mode to program the sequences in the desired order. Convert the song to a sequence. You can now save this sequence as a midi file. When you save the sequence the MPC will ask you if you want to save it as a MPC file or as a midi file.

You can record your song/sequence as a WAV file by going to Recorde mode, select Main Outputs as input source, then hit play to record, save and done :-D
By LogaRhytmus Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:02 am
hi menco,

thank you very much indeed for your reply. i know "song mode" and the strong possibilities. however i like to play with different sequences in "next seq".
this is a nice mode to build on the fly intro, drumparts and so on. so i thought maybe i can record a jam in the mpc.
at the moment i record such jams in my daw (ableton9) and rearrange them.
to do this in the mpc was my aim.
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm
Unfortunately no way to do this that I know of. I use next seq this way as well. I also use pad program tab in the next seq mode to swap programs on the fly.
By Bugfix Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:37 pm
You might check in manual
Change sequence by program change
And also
Set pads to send Program Change

I have no idea how does it exactly work but in theory it should.