Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By commuter Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:58 pm
Just got a 2500 with 128XL (not the newest version). Went to biglobe to read the manual and I'm honestly surprised JJ hasn't gotten himself a decent editor/proofreader after all these years. I can't make heads or tails of most of it. Which is really a shame, because this software is powerful and not that hard to use once you wrap your head around it. Are there any plans for the MPC Tutor or someone else with a native grasp of English to tackle the big screen OS or OS3 and make a proper manual?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 pm
I was put off due to the limited audience for such a book - even with links promoting my JJOSXL book all over the JJ web site it has only sold relatively small numbers, so the big screen book would have had even less potential buyers (remember most people are generally not interested in paying for tutorials, maybe 1 or 2%). I think it's more suited to someone doing it as a labor of love in their free time - TBH I don't use JJOS at all these days unless I need to make a JJ specific version of a samplepack, so I just know what I need to know for that specific job, I'm no power user. All my 'mpc' time is currently invested in the MPC Software.

As for jj hiring a proof reader/editor, I think you guys don't quite appreciate how limited the JJOS market is, it's tiny, I'd imagine it's just a little side income for JJ, seriously doubt he'd have the fund to pay for proof readers.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:13 pm
Regarding what MPC Tutor has said and commented above, he has hit the ball out the park and has scored a home run there with everything he said. Its a shame that people want everything for free and aren't willing to spend money on tutorials nowadays as both the beat making on the MPC 1000/2500 and JJOSXL Sampling Bible were not only very well laid out, informative but very well written. Really did help me out a bunch when I was starting out on the 1000 all them years ago.

Think we all been in the same boat with the broken English barrier between Japanese and English. It does take time to understand what JJ is trying to explain but you do get there in the end. Sometime I found if I was stuck in the beginning I would copied what JJ had written, then reword it so it made sense in English. Really did help me out only draw back it was a bit time consuming to do.