Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By SPACESHEEP Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:58 am
Hello everybody!
For me the most important issue in MPC workflow was playing NEXT SEQUENCE after recording something.
It is like I play a sequence and want to add something in it. While the sequence is playing I press [OVER DUB] + [PLAY] and this switch MPC to the overdubbing mode. I record a few notes and then I press [PLAY] that switch MPC back to a "play" mode so I can hear what have just recorded, or try some effects. But the problem is that this "play" mode is imperfect and don't allow to switch between sequences or to undo last recorded notes.
What I found (OS3): if after switching [over dub] off I press [STOP] + [PLAY] simultaneously this switch MPC to a normal (full functional) play mode and I can switch sequences etc. Also "undo seq" light goes on at this time.
But [STOP] and [PLAY] must be pressed very fast and accurate right in click to avoid
SO MY QUESTION: Is there any easier way to switch from overdubbing back to playing with ability to use next seq?