Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By commuter Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:20 pm
I just downloaded the new JJOS 128XL for my 2500 with the big screen. One thing I have not been able to easily do is get two samples of slightly differing tempos to sync and stay in sync. I don't mind changing the pitch of the drums, so I should be able to do it without time stretch. But so far, just manually adjusting TUNE seems to be the closest method, and that's not really precise at all (the samples drift apart after a few bars). I guess I might be spoiled a bit, coming from the Octatrack, which did all this automatically. Is there a quick way to get rhythmic material (not worried about pitch) to sync up?
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:02 pm
commuter wrote:I just downloaded the new JJOS 128XL for my 2500 with the big screen. One thing I have not been able to easily do is get two samples of slightly differing tempos to sync and stay in sync. I don't mind changing the pitch of the drums, so I should be able to do it without time stretch. But so far, just manually adjusting TUNE seems to be the closest method, and that's not really precise at all (the samples drift apart after a few bars). I guess I might be spoiled a bit, coming from the Octatrack, which did all this automatically. Is there a quick way to get rhythmic material (not worried about pitch) to sync up?

there is no trick or auto warping feature.... I agree with the previous poster in that I will chop out to the pads and play the part I want. The timestretch is basic but can work for this too. I come from the mpc 2000xl and the timestretch on that took forever to process. Timestretching never became part of my workflow as a result. I do mess with it on my 1k and 2500 because its much faster.... its a little fiddly but works pretty good. I dont use the XLCD but on OS3 its accessed by pressing shift from the main screen and pressing the corresponding function key below the lcd. Use the sliders to adjust and press the record function to process. Its pretty fast and some interesting results can be had but expect some digital artifacts...