Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By koalaman Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:51 pm
Hi folks,

Sorry, i searched & searched for an old thread on this subject for quicker ways to load MPC files for live sets but couldn;t find it:( I use JJ0S2XL & love it.

Here is my deal, i use my MPC to run full backing bass & keys tracks for my band live, i play acoustics drums.
Most tracks are over 5 min long, i also trigger samples using roland PD8 pads etc too, all this works perfectly fine on my MPC yay:)

Now, when it comes to loading the next track see example below, I need to know if there is a quicker way than my current option below???.

Here goes:
So we're jamming away on eg 'B-song' it finishes, i then quickly use the scroll wheel to load eg 'Y-Song' which is the next track in the set , so i scroll down (note: as you know MPC puts all titles in alphabetical order...)

I use then use the right arrow keys once i select 'Y-song' folder & load PRJ (Project file) which overwrites 'B-Song' and loads all the files needed for 'Y-song' no worries BUT is there a better way FASTER way than this??

I did see someone write in that thread i was looking for to rename songs in order of whatever our 'live setlist' will be for that show
eg opening track will be 01FSong, 02Ysong etc which is fine but hoping for something BETTER if available??

BTW most of these tracks load time is up to 20 secs so obviously this i can't control just trying to tweak my hands on flow approach for loading them up!

Love to hear from anyone on this:)

thanks!! :)
By ancaja123 Fri May 05, 2017 7:15 pm
Two MPCs would absolutely be better but that depends on your midi set up as well because it could complicate things. Are you sequencing the backing keys or are you saying they're samples?

MPC isn't great for full live sets, but I make it work for sure. What I do is convert Songs to Sequences, so I can simply load up the full sequences and the respective programs for each song in a live set beforehand and hope I don't run out of sample memory or use too many programs!
By kountryboi84 Mon May 08, 2017 4:21 am
Whats up fellas. One thing you may consider.... first it sounds like sample space is going to be an issue, so what you may wanna do is "loop" the repetitive parts in the song and shorten the shorten the original sample and save space and fix problem #1. Second option is use Audio tracks for your songs and convert the samples to Mono to save space. Lastly Just load each song to a Pad Pgm and fire them off when you need them. I hope this helps. Good Luck.
By allank Thu May 18, 2017 4:50 am
Here is a way to do it you may still need a couple of projects, depending on how much RAM you need

1. Convert your songs to sequences..
2. save off these sequences and the related programs
3. Start a new project .. load those sequences and associated programs into that project
4. Arrange your set in the sequence list in order (optional but will help)
5. After pressing play on the first song, press the "Next Sequence" button..

Now you can just pick the next song by pressing next sequence..

Ok.. So you want to breathe between songs.. so either press stop, then line up the next sequence..
OR put some empty bars at the end of each sequence..
By koalaman Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 am
Hey Allan, ok WOW awesome man, thx will give it a go!

Just a heads up i run FULL audio bass tracks and key tracks separately some go for 6:00min so space can be limited and they're also at 22050 Hz not 44 to save even more space. The audio quality is hardly noticeable especially in live environment with this approach (cool tip i learnt from bugfix :).

Will give it a go but expect a few more questions:), thanks to you and others for reaching out:)

Talk soon,

A