Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By AMR Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm
Hi,

I'm playing with JJOS2XL for a few days and I have these problem:

I've created and MONO instrument program with a bass note. The voice overlap is set toMono as well and the sample triggering is set to ONE NOTE, I've also added a little of portamento between notes so the bassline runs smoothly...

The problem is that, while the bassline is playing, suddenly one note cuts out in the middle of the sequence and it remains silent until other note hits again... Why is this happening?

Thank u so much!
A.
By AMR Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:11 pm
But... If I'm playing full level one shot I should be hearing that other note and... It doesn't matter how many times I replay the bassline, it's always the same deal.

:(
By Bugfix Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:14 pm
Solo this track and listen does still cut off. Maybe you hit 32 voices at this place. If that's a case - make more pads monophonic in poly programs, unless you really need it to overlap. It can play 32 mono lines. Every overlap, or even ADSR attack/release longer than "0"... eat up voices.
By AMR Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 pm
Bugfix wrote:Solo this track and listen does still cut off. Maybe you hit 32 voices at this place. If that's a case - make more pads monophonic in poly programs, unless you really need it to overlap. It can play 32 mono lines. Every overlap, or even ADSR attack/release longer than "0"... eat up voices.

Yes! Even in solo modo the track si overlapping, is quite strange because, at the time, the project is just a drum break and a bassline so... It's very strange that I have no voices left... :hmmm:
By BNI Tue May 09, 2017 4:39 pm
The problem is that, while the bassline is playing, suddenly one note cuts out in the middle of the sequence and it remains silent until other note hits again... Why is this happening?

have you tried removing the PORTAMENTO?
I still can't figure out how to make portamento work in JJOS,
is it a bug?
It "cuts notes" !

try any instrument program, add portamento and hit pads, it does not work as it should.
By Bugfix Sun May 14, 2017 1:35 am
Oh it's with portamento... Not sure, but maybe it has something to do with duration of notes. Check "D" in Step Edit. I think duration has to be a bit longer than space between notes to make it run smooth. If ya pads are not fully responsive don't expect versatile operation.

I read you play with one shots, well it all works different as note on. More reliable use with note on, imo. AMP env works differently so you would have to change ADSR setings to obtain same volume shape you got with one shots.

In mono pgm for instance One shots cancel each other automatically (no matter what's real note lenght recorded by sequencer) . I think it can glitch a little.