Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By kinno Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:50 am
sorry if the subject was treated (I did not see specifically this case across the forum).

(I’m a new user of the mpc 2500, just bough a second hand 2500se). I’m still learning it with the « beatmaking on the free jjos). (i’m on JJOSxl 3.5…) Very good tutorial...
I want to make a very very simple midi chain between an arturia keystep, which controls a walorf rocket synth.

I need to play the rocket via the keystep keyboard to entrer it in the mpc as a midi track. Then I want to play drum on another track (By listening my midi track to be synchronized).

The only time I managed to entrer the synth in midi, the problem was (even changing track and playing inside with audio beats) my pads played the rocket synth too ! (midi channel for rocket was selected in 6A)
Don’t remember exactly the chain, by now I do not even manage to enter midi notes.
My set up is midi-out from keystep to midi-in rocket (keystep switch behind on « internal » / even tried « midi », then midi-in keystep to midi-in 1 MPC.
I experienced many other combinations, but I ear nothing in the mpc headphone (no response too) except when I directly plug the rocket-in (velocity 127 appears on the main window by pressing the rocket button).

A small help would be welcome! :)