Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Lacertus108 Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:15 pm
Hi guys!

I recently switched from OS2XL to OS3 on my MPC1k because I like the LFO implementation better in OS3, especially with regards to the effects (RETRIGGER: OFF). Never mind this though...

My question is the following.
In OS2XL I used to save the FX settings, and recall them in the sequence by 'EFFECT SETTING: ##'. For me this works perfectly, as I like to have different FX settings for different songs. I looked, and searched, but now in OS3 I just can't find a way to save a new FX setting. It used to be under 'Effects'/MODE+PAD12, if I remember correctly...

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:56 pm
YES someone else feels my pain... I suppose I should not be celebrating that :hmmm:

This is only availabe with XLCD and OS128XL. Was a major letdown to discover this. OS 3 ver. 1 is crazy powerful but sacrifices a few things, one being the effects sets. I find OS2xl to be the most fluid and flexible. But I find I use OS3 ver 2 for some specific things.
By Lacertus108 Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 pm
Thanks for the answers!

I'm quite disappointed actually... I use the MPC as a drum machine and sequencer. All the more advanced sampler bits I don't care about. I do care about the control I have over the sound, and that includes effects, but the LFO is a nice addition to...
Now to stay with OS3 or go back to OS2? Seems like OS2 is not getting any new features, perhaps a bug fix update, but that's it. On OS3 JJ seems to be working on. Perhaps the effects program would be implemented in the (very near) future?? :roll:
By Lacertus108 Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 pm
UPDATE:
Tried re-installing OS2XL. But the samples saved in OS3 are being playbacked at half speed in OS2XL, at least so it seems... Back to OS3 it is.

Also it seems like in OS3 the MPC still changes the FX program when it is in the sequence. You just can't add a new one. To do that, I may have to temporary re-install OS2XL. Hoping for JJ to add this sooner rather than later to OS3. :wink: