Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By solarion Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:35 pm
So I've just bought JJOS2XL. I've got a 4GB CF card (Sandisk Ultra) that I'm trying to use. However, if I try to boot the MPC with it inserted, it just hangs on the boot screen forever (read: I've waited an hour). Same with booting it first and trying to load it.

I feel like this should be an amateur hour issue but I've done some Googling and some searching of this forum and can't find anybody with a similar issue. Do I just need a different CF card (I tried a 16GB one with exactly the same issue, though I didn't entirely expect that to work) or is something else likely to be at play?
By solarion Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:21 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Get a torch and have a look inside the CF Card slot. Are there any bent pins?

I neglected to mention it but I also have an old Akai 32MB CF card which though insufficient in memory nowadays loads and saves perfectly. Hence I don't believe it's a pin issue unless something very unusual is happening.
By rageone Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:29 am
solarion wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Get a torch and have a look inside the CF Card slot. Are there any bent pins?

I neglected to mention it but I also have an old Akai 32MB CF card which though insufficient in memory nowadays loads and saves perfectly. Hence I don't believe it's a pin issue unless something very unusual is happening.

another card :) 16g should be fine, i have a kingston 16gb and does the job...
well, it did until the mpc started hanging when i try to load/save... it still works from time to time but i guess the card reader is busted...

but if it works with the 32mb card, you`re good, it`s the cards, not the mpc