Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By 8bitBarry Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 am
Hello,

I have been searching for an answer but with no luck -

I have just bought a second hand JJOS1 4.99 loaded MPC1000. Most users seem to recommend a later version of JJOS, but I also read others saying they prefer the older version, its more stable...etc

Should I upgrade to a later JJOS3 version or stick with what I have?

If I do upgrade, do I have to install JJOS2 and then install JJOS3... its really unclear!
By SPACESHEEP Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 am
OS3 has some very nice features like Exclusive solo mode and ADSR for filters, tune, amp etc.
Also - what is important - OS3 is supported by JJ, he constantly fix bugs and add new features.

But...
What is really bad in OS3 - its Qlink functions. In fact You can't normally use 2 filters at the time. Also using realtime qlink makes 16levels (tune events) disabled. JJ said these bugs are unfixable(
Pad menu (with pressure settings - filter, tune etc) in OS3 is not available now. I wonder why they deleted such usable thing.
By 8bitBarry Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 am
Thank you for the reply - I contacted the seller regarding JJOS 1 4.99 and he said he never felt it was necessary to upgrade so I'm going to give it a try first. I used to own an MPC about 10 years ago and I didn't even use the QLink sliders, but I understand what your saying. I'm certain any level of JJOS will be better than my original Akai experience.