Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By phoenix224 Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:41 pm
Hello,

I bought a used MPC2500 LE recently and found a potential issue with the unit, or maybe just the OS. It has JJ OSXL 3.5.3 installed.

When I load one shot samples (from sample libraries) from the hard drive and audition them with the pads, the samples sound fine.

But when I load them in a program and then play them with the pads, most of the samples have an echo repeat on them. Usually a single repeat that is lower in the mix.

I ruled out double triggering, since it happens on any pad, and doesn't ever stop with reduced pressure, using two fingers, or hitting in the center of the pad.

I noticed that if I reduce the release setting in the amp (ADSR) envelope for each sample from 20 to 13 or 14, it goes away. But I can't tell if reducing the release setting chops off the end of the sample.

What I want to know is if this is normal with the JJ OSXL to have to reduce the release time after loading a one-shot sample. Or if there is something wrong with the machine. Or if I am missing an OS setting.

When I sample drum hits myself, I do not get this echo behavior. So, I'm not sure if this is a problem with loading samples from the hard drive, or even just loading sample libraries.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
By Bugfix Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:24 pm
Samples that you are loading have loop turned on. Go to TRIM mode and select off on each one you desire. Now release will work different (usual fade out).