Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By le rat Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:42 am
Hi guys,

After a long break, I'm making beats with my 1K again. Still on OS2XL, haven't had the time to use OS3 V2 in depth yet.

My green screen is slowly dying. I have a little dark zone on the left and sometimes a blinking line on top.

I'm wondering if it's worth buying the big screen. It's been a few years since it was out now. What do you think about it? Happy users here? Pro and cons?

Please share your experience :)
Thanks. Z
By Lampdog Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:37 pm
Sagashi BOOKMARKED.

Omoshiroi
By allank Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am
I used to have a 2000xl.. when I got my 2500 I got a custom refurb with the big screen.
I would never look back..

Love it.
By allank Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 am
You can do a lot more on the main screen without moving off.
On other screens you get more information and less scrolling.

If you get the big screen but don't want to use 128xl. (os3 for big screen).. You can use 128 SP (which is os2xl for big screen)

The v2 versions are actually close in features than v1..
By le rat Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:23 am

Looks definitely cool on a mpc2500 as it s still a tilt screen.
Less scrolling down and more information sounds good too.

Still wondering about the 1K. First it looks ugly but I can live with that :-)
Then I always put it back in a drawer when I don t use it. I m not sure if it fits with the extra height. Same when I go somewhere and I put it in a backpack. It s not a flat shape anymore. Last point, the access to the Fkeys. Looks there is less space but difficult to say without touching it. I do a bit of finger drumming too. Still possible to bang the MPC hard? :-)
By JVC Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:49 pm
Long ago, I replaced Kurzweil K2000’s LCD screen, and posted the procedures on this Forums;

viewtopic.php?t=180515

Some one mentioned that MPC-1000 and MPC-2500 use the same type of screen as K2000.

So, if you have basic soldering skill, you can get T6963 based 240x64 pixel LED screen.
It is also called “24064”. It is one of the most commonly used LCD / LED screen.
By cunoSvaa Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:32 am
where can you buy a tilt screen for the 1000... not being able to put it in a backpack or stow it away nicely is my exact problem... would hate for it to get broken during transit even if im careful because its not able to be flattened.