Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By converter Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:54 am
MPC1000/JJOS2XL.

Programing a drum track using the grid in JJOS2XL is easy:
But apparently this grid above is not available to program a midi track, and for example programming a bass line one has to manually set (ie enter) the location of notes as
001.01.00 and 001.01.24 and 001. 01.72 etc... in a screen that doesn't have a grid, and looks like:

Which is sort of a pain, compared to the ease of the drum grid, since one can just click on a drum location to time-position it..

Am I missing something ? Is there a way to program the time-position of midi notes like drum events on a grid ??
By Bugfix Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:31 am
Isn't there a view option in drum? press shift.
As of MIDI Do you mean how to move there? It uses current T.C. value and you navigate by keys: bar, step, shift + step for jump to next or for smth.
By converter Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 pm
Bugfix wrote:Isn't there a view option in drum? press shift.
As of MIDI Do you mean how to move there? It uses current T.C. value and you navigate by keys: bar, step, shift + step for jump to next or for smth.

Thanks. My question is about whether there is a way to enter midi notes events as easily and fast as I can enter drum events using the drum grid.
For sure I can navigate based on TC, but for midi tracks there is no grid, so one has to rely on the bar: beat: tick value for the midi event. Whereas it's so easy to enter drum events with the grid: no need to check constantly the bar: beat: tick value.

So I guess I was wondering if one could enter midi events in a midi track using a grid like structure similar to that for a drum track.
By HanHuman Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:50 pm
I was looking for that kind of feature some time ago and it doesn't seem to exist.
I wish it was possible to toggle from this classic view to a grid view so we can manualy enter midi events, much like drum events.
It would be very practical in many occasions. You can always do a feature request and tick the question box here:
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/bug/report.htm