Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Pimp_Mantle Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am
Oki i try explain the best i can with my english. Before i bounce all tracks into daw one by one, i always check the overall level of song so it doesnt peak with level-in meter in daw. With AkaiOS and free JJos the levels stay exactly the same after i recorded from playback in daw. Now with JJosXL the overall level is around 3db higher after i playback from daw? I dont have compressor or nothing on in MPC. I record only from main outs like always.
By Pimp_Mantle Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am
I guess i was wrong but i didn't double check with the AkaiOS again. I checked that mixer settings also but it didn't change. I recently got a new audio-interface so maybe that is the reason i get more levels when recording each track solo. Its all good tho its easy to adjust after in DAW. With my older interface i didn't get that significant boost after playback from DAW. I record with the 0db output on MPC. My recording levels is around -15 RMS and peaks around -6. I EQ and compress more before i drop it on the MPC. I mostly only need 3-4db headroom in DAW. I get best results the less i have to boost the final limiter.

Speaking of final limiters, does anyone still have the old plugin Yamaha Final Master?. I remember having it on the drumbus etc. Hook me up.