Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By dergeist Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:41 pm
Moved from the non JJOS MPC 1000 forum

Hi, hoping you folks can help me with a problem with my 1000.

I have a 1000 running the latest paid version of JJOS. I am trying to using a moog little phatty as an external controller to input midi tracks into the 1000. The trick is that it works great ---- on time, or maybe a couple, but eventually after a track (usually one) or two the MPC stops recording the midi from my controller. The MPC is still showing that it is receiving midi but it won't record it to a track. It just records nothing. The midi page even shows the notes I am pressing.

Totally stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks
By dergeist Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 pm
Ok, the problem is that I'm dumb. Each pad is expecting a different midi channel. This is a bit annoying since changing the midi out channel on the phatty requires some menu diving.

Is there any way to set the midi receive track for each channel to one? I know it is awkward but I can just solo the track I'm recording.
By Bugfix Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:04 pm
You got to have jjosxl2 / os3 to record on 16 channels at once if that's what you mean. Don't know what's your OS.
Each pad is expecting a different midi channel.

That's false -1000 pads are able to send only on 1 specific channel at a time, it can receive on many channels , but send just 1 across all notes.
By dergeist Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 pm
Hey, thanks for the response. I'm running JJOS2XL. When I said pad I gave a poor description. I meant track. Track 1 expects midi channel 1. Track 2 expects midi channel 2. This all works if I use it that way. The issue is that switching midi channels on the phatty is a drag. I would prefer that all tracks take midi channel 1 (which the phatty is set to) and that I just solo the track I'm recording.

Acknowledge that the easiest thing to do is get a controller that is better at switching midi channels but I'm trying to minimize the amount of hardware I need to lug around.