Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Enthalpi Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:34 am
Hi everybody !

Here is my story : I gave up music for 7 years (work, baby ...) because I had no more time for it. I built a new set up with some hardware (beatstep pro, shruthi, circuit, LXR, kaoss pad) and a laptop for some VSTi (just one or two). I met lot of issues with the laptop because it's not dedicated one to music. Moreover, the beatstep pro is a very cool piece of gear but it can't record control change and program change automations so you have to be an octopus to do sophisticated stuff :lol:
Now, I want to change of sequencer and I'm looking for a mpc 1000 (JJOS2XL) or an mpc touch (second hand). I don't have the money for a live ...
My need is a solid midi sequencer/drum machine. The sampler functions aren't my priority.

I live in Seychelles and I'm worried about repairs of the mpc 1000. It's an old gear, easily fixable but here, there is nothing to repair electronic stuff and it will be so long to order to mpc stuff !

So, there is the "new" mpc touch but it's a just controller and I'm a bit scared by the software bugs/instability side. I just want to play music when I have the time and not geeking.

I will take all advice and I thank you for your help.
Last edited by Enthalpi on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm
mpc 1000.

Not the standard blue one. The black one.
By JUKE 179r Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm
Lampdog wrote:mpc 1000.

Not the standard blue one. The black one.

This... :nod:
By Enthalpi Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:12 pm
Sure, it's gonna be a black one (bk-n) if I choose the 1000 :wink:

What about the reliability of this "old" ladie ? Am I right to be concerned about that ?

Thanks
By Enthalpi Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:08 pm
Thanks ;)

I found one and the pads has been upgraded with tick fat pads. Still hesitate ...
By Lampdog Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm
Well you already know these machines are old as hell.
So keep that in mind. Or instead, get a 2500.
By Enthalpi Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 am
The 2500 will perfectly fit to my need except for its dimensions and weight. I often moving because of my job and need "small" instruments.

You're right, I have to keep in mind that mpc 1000 will have to be repaired if I take one.

Thank you guys :wink:
By Lampdog Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 am
iPad Pro and Beatmaker 3

It’s a daw, 16 and 64 pad beat machine, audio editor, fx, mixer, keyboards, full fledge sampler.

It’s all in one, done beautifully on ipad.
By JeriKo Jackson Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 am
Hey you were after my 1k on eBay. The fully upgrade one from Australia. Shame the shipping costs so much.
By Enthalpi Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm
Hi ! I know, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Good luck with it ;)

Cheers
By Enthalpi Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 pm
Lampdog wrote:iPad Pro and Beatmaker 3

It’s a daw, 16 and 64 pad beat machine, audio editor, fx, mixer, keyboards, full fledge sampler.

It’s all in one, done beautifully on ipad.

Thanks for the idea but I will never buy an apple stuff ;)
By Lampdog Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm
I said the same thing. I can't stand Apple. Bought it for the wife. She didn't want it.
I ended up with it. Eventually got into BM2 because, well, I had an ipad so I might as well make use of it.

Beatmaker changed my mind on everything.

Wholeheartedly still hate Apple.
By Enthalpi Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:54 am
Hi there,

it was so difficult to find a 1k upgraded in good shape at reasonable price that I finally got a touch (as new for $350 included shipping) . I hope it will be a smooth experience ... wait and see