Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ancaja123 Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 am
Sometimes when I'm working on a song, I will lay it out sequentially in Song Mode, then convert that Song to a Sequence so I can go in and do final precise edits. Recently, I have sometimes had my MPC give me the "Insufficient Memory!!!" message when I try and convert the Song to a Sequence. I have a 128MB ram card installed, and I'm only really using two Programs of very small drum samples. The rest is MIDI notes which I know take up close to nothing. I also still have like 12 min of sampling time.
This has now happened to me 3 times in the past year, reloading the sequence doesn't help either. It seems like its an OS bug, because when I load the project into the "paid" JJOS, I have no problem converting to a Sequence!!! Can anyone tell me what the hell is happening here? It's a bummer when you're trying to finish a project but your MPC gets in the way!
By ancaja123 Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:09 am
Fixed my own issue. I feel stupid.

I had maxed out my sequencer events because of my mod wheel sending an insane amount of note information to the sequence.
By Bugfix Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm
Sequence memory is only ~4.3MB or ~5MB - depend on the OS. This is not magical knowledge - it is written in load screen root. Secondly, "undo" will hold up exact amount of current sequence space for undo purpose.
With big seqences like 1,2MB when working on it will take 2,4MB actually.
By ancaja123 Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm
Yes I just wasn't perceptive -- my mod wheel on my controller was halfway up the entire time I had been recording midi from it, and I had no idea Thus the sequencer ran out of memory pretty quickly. Impulsive post, my bad!