Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By rayduece Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 pm
Hello,
First post. Soon to be MPC 1000 owner and doing some research before hand. I already did a forum search before writing this.

I saw a youtube video by Supreme the Producer, and old video presumably using the AKAI OS. He described the problem when exporting midi note data for a chromatic sample that the export just comes out as the same one note. For a workaround, he showed how he resampled a track with a chromatic 16-level sample into a new pad before exporting to Ableton. The video didn't show the result of this in Ableton. I assume that track probably was exported as audio instead of midi note data. Then he showed second method where he played the midi back in Ableton and basically re-recorded live the chromatic sample track in Ableton.

Those methods seem pretty clumsy and cumbersome to me.

Just wondering from any experienced JJOS users if this limitation has been solved in any of the JJOS versions. I looked at the comparison chart and thinking about trying out JJOS2XL.

Thanks in advance.
By Lampdog Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:35 am
When you hit the 16 level button it the same sample played back at 16 different levels. It’s only 1 sample, that’s how it is designed.

The video sounds like it raises more questions than answers and therefore, useless.
By Lampdog Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 pm
16 level on hardware mpc's is internal to the sampling engine, when you midi out you will see that 1 note that is using "16 levels" function. Maybe make a mpc program with that sample and spread it across notes.
By tapedeck Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 pm
in jj, create a chromatic program and yer done.

you got to remember that 16-level to pitch was a hack on older mpc to fake melody - back in the days when chromatic programs didn't exist or were hard to make properly.

in jj, just create your chromatic program from the get-go and boom it will work.