Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By rikrubio Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm
Hello,
I have a 1k w/ jjos os2xl connected to a Microkorg XL and a yellow Dave Smith Mopho. I got the os2xl in February and it was acting funny. I'd record in channel 2b, connected to Mopho, and notes weren't hitting correctly; still recorded melody into MPC. When I plugged in 1a, connected to Microkorg, it would play the melody from Mopho and the Microkorg went crazy. All the buttons light up and the different programs/banks keep changing (not staying in preferred sound). I have gone through all the Mopho setting, setting them back if nothing happens, and done it with MPC and Microkorg too. Its happened before but stopped after I would turn the MPC off, then back on. I saw the jjos had an update in August, so I downloaded and installed it yesterday. Thought this was the problem, but the same thing keeps happening. Any suggestions?
Thanks
By rikrubio Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:30 pm
Bugfix wrote:First, post your MIDI routing, and what you aiming for. Eventually go to mode 9 and turn SOFT THRU to OFF. And foremost read about your modules about their MIDI capabilities, operating modes.

MIDI routing was good. I played with it a bit, switching A with 1 and B with 1, and that wasn't the case. I thought it was the Mopho messing with it, because it only happened when I pushed play with Mopho melody recorded in. I actually went through all the setting on the Microkorg itself and the problem was solved. I've learned a very important lesson from all this ... don't let your two-year-old kid play with your synths because it looks cute.
Thanks for the reply.