Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By hammer227 Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:33 pm
Hey all...here's my dilemma

Got a 1000 installed with JJOS 3.54 (and purchased). The guy I bought it from, I'll just call him "Guy," says he installed it and entered the password a while ago, he also sent me the email and it's legit. When I go to save a project, it asks for the password again and I enter the one he sent from the JJ guy, and no dice.

There's a few unusual details to this issue. The Product ID/Password for this OS in the MPC is seven digits. The product ID/password from the JJ email are both four digits and when I enter the four digit password, I get an "error." The MPC will not let me change the product ID to the four digit ID sent from JJ.

Normally, I'd just buy the OS again and reinstall, but the compact flash card reader is broken, so I think I'm stuck with this OS (unless there is a way to update the JJ without the flash card).

Let me know if any of you have any leads.

Thanks!!!

alex
By richie Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:59 am
If it is asking for the password, it means it isn't registered.

I recall seeing something on JJ's site before that he switched up the algorithm for the key generation which would require some users to hit him up with the original e-mail to get a new key.