Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Audiophillic Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am
Hi,

My MPC 2500 with JJOS128ORG was working just fine, but after having it safely stored for about 2 months the XLCD is pretty much blank now. I tried adjusting the contrast but it does not work (I can see it faintly changing the contrast but it is still a blank screen pretty much).

Has anyone come across this issue? Is it possible to fix it? Could the screen became faulty?
By SILIS101 Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:54 pm
I've never had a screen issue with mine. Take it apart and check the ribbon that connects the screen to the board. While it's opened, check for any loose RAM chips or pinched wires. I've always been careful with the screen when I put it away for awhile because it is an awkward shape that looks like it can get damaged easily by something heavy hitting it.
By Audiophillic Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 pm
Thank you for your feedback. I opened the machine - ribbon was in place tight and everything seems to be ok. I saw the XLCD installation video from mpcstuff.com and they mention a “contrast pot” attached to the xlcd screen, but I see none in mine. It made sense if that pot simply was turned down during storage or something, but there is no pot in mind...any ideas?

The only alternative I see now is replace with the original smaller screen, but I really wanted to understand what happened. The screen can be seen VERY faintly, and it responds to buttons, etc., so I can see the data is going through the ribbon and is dispayed ok in the screen, it really seems like a contrast issue but I don’t see any contrast pot...
By SILIS101 Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:51 pm
Did you hold SHIFT and rotate the data wheel clockwise?
By Audiophillic Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:06 am
SILIS101 wrote:Did you hold SHIFT and rotate the data wheel clockwise?

I held stop+data wheel but it didn’t work. I think it is kaput...I can very faintly see the screen at an angle, but something happened to it for sure. Will try to contact Mike at mpcstuff. I heard good things about their costumer service. Let’s see. Thanks everyone.

I installed the original small screen and t works fine.