Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Arch Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:40 pm
Brand new struggling MPC user and I'm failing to route a track to the FX section. When I go into the mixer at the top where you turn the FX send on there are just two dashes --. Highlighting them I am unable to change them. The FX themselves are turned on so whats going on? Before any helpful people suggest the manual
I have tried that and I'm non the wiser. Any nice folk care to hit me up with some advice?
Last edited by Arch on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:27 pm
Track is associated to a pad right? Is there a sample in that pad?
By Arch Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:23 pm
So the track is me playing a bunch of pads.If I click over to L/out and select the whole group then I can adjust the levels of the whole track, so I think that means there is right? Going back onto FXsend I can't adjust any parameters. If I then hit GoToFX I have selected a delay in FX1. Is there another parameter I'm missing that I have to set to get it to send. Finding it quite hard getting to grips with the MPC. I have little experience working with samplers save for a brief flirt with an S950 and an ST about 20yrs ago and I just find the whole thing confusing. frustrating when you have stacks of vinyl and ideas you want to get working on.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 am
Arch wrote:So the track is me playing a bunch of pads.If I click over to L/out and select the whole group then I can adjust the levels of the whole track, so I think that means there is right? Going back onto FXsend I can't adjust any parameters. If I then hit GoToFX I have selected a delay in FX1. Is there another parameter I'm missing that I have to set to get it to send. Finding it quite hard getting to grips with the MPC. I have little experience working with samplers save for a brief flirt with an S950 and an ST about 20yrs ago and I just find the whole thing confusing. frustrating when you have stacks of vinyl and ideas you want to get working on.

Remember to hit OPEN WINDOW on everything to see what menus it brings up.
By Arch Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 pm
Bugfix wrote:In program menu, click OUT tab and if you got there column TRK, you have to change to ST

Nice one, you nailed it. So what have I actually done there?

And thanks, this has been doing my head in
By tapedeck Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Arch wrote:
Bugfix wrote:In program menu, click OUT tab and if you got there column TRK, you have to change to ST

Nice one, you nailed it. So what have I actually done there?

And thanks, this has been doing my head in

sounds like maybe you were routing the fx to another out besides the main, STereo out.

i think there is also a way to like use the mixer per-track instead of per-pad as on classic mpcs, it might be related to that (don't take my word for it tho - i haven't explored that much and i could be wrong).
jjos is so god damn powerful it blows my mind....and it can get pretty confusing. :mrgreen:
By Arch Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Bugfix wrote:http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/gpe_out.htm
an explanation lol

Cheers dude, will try to take some time digesting this as not even seen this boy of jjos yet!