Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By mixedbymuke Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm
i have a lot of samples of orchestra (piano c1 left.wav. piano c1 right.wav) and i would like to retain stereo image instead of mixing left sample and right sample down to one mono sample in a program. i could use two pads per note, both panned differently, but playing that with a keyboard would be nuts.

An easier method is with drum program layers. On pad a-1, layer one is left sample and on layer two is right sample. both layers spanned across the same key range, just panned opposite.

of course another option would be to add a sample edit screen of "convert two mono samples into single stereo sample".

before i make a feature request to jj does anyone know a way to accomplish this that i'm missing for the mpc 1000? i like the INST programs but cant find a way to make 2 different samples ("xxxx left.wav" and "xxxx right.wav") to occupy the same key range, much less pan as panning is done by the track.