Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Oortone Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 pm
I temporarily upgraded to OS3 to evaluate.

Generally it seems to suit me but I have one question that I can't find the answer two in the Youtube videos or various documents on Biglobe.

I noticed the shortcut option via "Main" and "Numeric" are gone. Is there som alternative way to enter Program Mode (or other favourite mode) without MODE+PAD from Main screen? I used Main-shortcut for this all the time and that really improved my workflow. I can't seem to find a similar effective workflow. But I might have missed it.
By mixedbymuke Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 am
those shortcuts are gone and i havent seen any replacement shortcuts for those actions. i used them a lot also before upgrading. but im liking os3 more and more each day.

if you decide to go the os3 route, then what are you going to do about all your os2xl programs that will not translate to os3?
By Oortone Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 pm
mixedbymuke wrote:those shortcuts are gone and i havent seen any replacement shortcuts for those actions. i used them a lot also before upgrading. but im liking os3 more and more each day.

if you decide to go the os3 route, then what are you going to do about all your os2xl programs that will not translate to os3?

That's too bad. Might be a dealbreaker for me.
I liked the improved 808-programming, detune, midifilter, sustain pedal compability and possibility to turn off automatic pad selection on midi in (Hold).

I have not seen any incompabilities with 2XL-programs so far. Just tried a few and all looks good. Under which circumstances does this happen?
By mixedbymuke Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:44 am
i had mad troubles with os3 reading my 2xl files. my problems got worse once my harddrive became a mish mash of os2 AND os3 files. so i worked with os3 enough, and closely looked at the comparrison chart until i was absolutely convinced i was going to stay with os3. then i backed up my harddrive on the computer and formatted the harddrive. now i know everything on my mpc1000 harddrive has been saved in os3. no problems.

maybe you won't have problems. they say os3 wont read the akai s5000/6000 file of .akp but i've gotten it to load sometimes. and sometimes it wont load. its all a crapshoot unless the file is saved in the os you intend to open it into in the future. for me that is os3
By Oortone Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 am
mixedbymuke wrote:i had mad troubles with os3 reading my 2xl files. my problems got worse once my harddrive became a mish mash of os2 AND os3 files. so i worked with os3 enough, and closely looked at the comparrison chart until i was absolutely convinced i was going to stay with os3. then i backed up my harddrive on the computer and formatted the harddrive. now i know everything on my mpc1000 harddrive has been saved in os3. no problems.

maybe you won't have problems. they say os3 wont read the akai s5000/6000 file of .akp but i've gotten it to load sometimes. and sometimes it wont load. its all a crapshoot unless the file is saved in the os you intend to open it into in the future. for me that is os3

2XL does not read S5000/6000 .akp either. It reads the wav files from those samplers including base note/key note. Almost the only wav-format from where MPC1000/JJ OS reads base note.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=184627&p=1738430#p1738430