Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Avery Phrenic Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 pm
When selling exclusive beats on traktrain, it's standard that you include the .wav stem files. I know how to do this if I am making my beats in Logic, but what about if I am making them on my Akai MPC 2500?

Is it possible, or am I stuck just selling the beats made on the MPC as MP3 Leases?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 pm
You need to track them out 'old school' by recording your MPC tracks to individual Logic audio tracks ('tracking'), i.e. connect your 10 MPC outputs to 10 inputs on your audio interface and configure your MPC programs to send specific sounds out of specific MPC tracks. Or record one track at a time into Logic.

This can all be done via MIDI sync if you prefer. I did write a book specifically about this, it's for Logic 9 but apart from the different colour schemes in Logic X it's still the same instructions. http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... -akai-mpc/
By Lampdog Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 pm
Does JJOS have a "record main out" and then "save as wav" like the 4k has?

If so, you could mute all except the one to be saved, record that one, wash, rinse, repeat for each. You may have to line up each track in your daw afterwards though.
By Avery Phrenic Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:04 am
Lampdog wrote:Does JJOS have a "record main out" and then "save as wav" like the 4k has?

If so, you could mute all except the one to be saved, record that one, wash, rinse, repeat for each. You may have to line up each track in your daw afterwards though.

It does have that, and that is how I transfer a song made not he MPC to Logic. I use Record Main Out, which saves it as a .wav, and then I can transfer the entire song into Logic and just master it, because all the mixing has been done on the MPC.

But I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about muting certain parts. I haven't seen an option for that?
By Lampdog Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 pm
Mute track.

I never used the word “part”, that has a whole different meaning and doesn’t apply to my suggestion.