Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Hepkat Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:22 pm
Whats up gang? I searched the forum but couldnt find a definate answer on my question. Im on the newest Jjos xl 3.35 on the 2500! So I change time signatures a lot for my drums in particular! Im curious about the simult sequencing! So for analogy sake say I want to make 4 sequences...
Seq 1 - Instruments
Seq 2 - also instruments (copy of seq 1)
Seq 3 - drums normal
Seq 4 - drums variation

Is there any way I can make seq 1 trigger seq 3 with simult seq and then...

When I change to seq 2 that it triggers seq 4 with simult seq?

I went through all the menus in the mpc and couldnt find anything related to this! Is the simult sequence just a global thing or is there a way around this? :hmmm:
By allank Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:38 am
Sorry I didn't answer this but no..
Simult sequence is independent of the sequence selected - except for muting itself if it is on the same one .. e.g. if you are on Sequence 3 and simult seq is on 3 it won't play.

The idea is that you should be able to transition between sequences using it.
SO you can start up the beats from your sequence in a set, so when you move to it with next sequence you already have some elements and you aren't doing a harsh movement.. ... I've used it in most of this set, except mucked it up on one transition and you can really hear it
https://soundcloud.com/son-of-zev/bang- ... t-303-2018

If you are trying to use it to do polymeters, then I'd suggest going back to music theory and working out the resulting meter, then writing on that new meter..
e.g. 3/4 and 4/4 can be expressed as 6/4 or 12/8 ..
By Grump Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 am
allank wrote:Simult sequence is independent of the sequence selected - except for muting itself if it is on the same one .. e.g. if you are on Sequence 3 and simult seq is on 3 it won't play.

I was unaware of this function, but it is a game changer. Thank you for clarifying this.

I'm sure "RTFM" is the answer, but in simultsequence, if there are tracks that are muted when the sequence was saved, will they still be muted when simultsequence plays them?
By saltmcgault Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm
, if there are tracks that are muted when the sequence was saved, will they still be muted when simultsequence plays them?

Yes.
By Grump Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 am
saltmcgault wrote:
, if there are tracks that are muted when the sequence was saved, will they still be muted when simultsequence plays them?

Yes.

Thank you!