Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By bca Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:06 pm
Using JJOS 2XL...
Hit MODE-PAD13 (SEQ EDIT), then F3 ("TrMove").

Does anyone know what this is supposed to accomplish or how it works? It seems to suggest that one track (complete with events, track name, params, etc) can be copied from one sequence to another. And this is exactly what I was hoping it would do, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. I didn't see any mention of this feature in the MPC or JJOS manual.

From the TrMove screen you can select "Reference sq" and another sequence (presumably destination sequence), and highlight a destination (?) track.

From there you only have one button, "SELECT" (F6) at your disposal. Press it and you can then highlight rows from both columns.

At this point you only have two options, MOVE (F6) or CANCEL (F5).

Pressing the MOVE button does not copy anything. In other words, going to the destination seq/track that had been empty, there is still nothing there.

Anyone got this figured out?
By theviirus Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:22 pm
this is mostly useful for sorting out what channels have what in relation of one sequence to another. when you convert a song to a sequence, it references the first sequence as how each channel is configured. if s1c1 is yotr drum program but s2c1 is something else like a midi out channel, the song to sequence conversion will assign your drum program to c1 but will no longer reflect the configuration of s2. This becomes a problem when i somehow don’t keep programs on dedicated channels. TrMove allows you to see the channels of one sequence and arrange the channels of another sequence so they match.
By Aquassaut Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:37 pm
I think it's just for moving tracks around in the sequence it's at, so for instance, let's say you have these tracks:

01: DRUMS
02: MELODY
03: BASS

You go to trmove, you highlight the "DRUM" track, hit select, then with the wheel you put it between "MELODY" and "BASS", then hit move. Now you layout is changed and looks like:

01: MELODY
02: DRUMS
03: BASS

I use it all the time for instance when I start some drum tracks with kick, then snare, then hihat, and later on maybe on track 9 I decide to add a perc or something and I want to put that perc track close to the other drum track for ease of track mute, and to ease the mixing or whatever.
By bca Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 pm
Thanks for the replies. It all makes sense now: it's just a way to rearrange track order within a single sequence