Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By bca Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:16 am
Say you're playing live with two main sequences, A and B. You're switching back and forth using NEXT SEQUENCE function, forming your song by muting and unmuting tracks. At one point you're playing seq A and getting ready to switch to seq B--but you want it to enter seq B with no drums, just synths, for a dramatic mood change. The problem is, last time you were playing seq B you had all tracks unmuted, and you need to mute those drum tracks BEFORE it switches to seq B. Otherwise it's going to blast all tracks for a few seconds until you can mute them--obviously ruining the effect you're trying to achieve.

Is there any way to change the mute status of seq B tracks while still playing seq A?
By bca Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:10 pm
I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but you're right--that would accomplish what I'm after (basically make a "quiet" version of seqB once its ready for performance)
By saltmcgault Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 pm
bca wrote:I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but you're right--that would accomplish what I'm after (basically make a "quiet" version of seqB once its ready for performance)

If youre playing it live have all the tacks on 1 sequnce drums and samples and mute them yourself when you want or like bugfix said copy the sequence that you want a different mute pattern and record mutes the way you want repeat as many times you want then use song mode and enter the order you want the sequences played. sucks but thats probably the only way.