Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Nomadjames Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 pm
I want my MPC 1000 to receive clock from Ableton via a Usamo, then distribute Clock and Note data to a Deepmind 12, Monologue, and a Volca Kick. I was getting all kinds of MIDI feedback trying this with the Deepmind. I need to be able to run the Usamo into the MPC 1000, and also run a Keystep’s MIDI out into the other input on the MPC.

I solved the feedback loop by disabling soft thru in the MPC 1000.

Once I solved the feedback issue, I was getting freezes when I was trying to record notes into the MPC 1000 from the Deepmind.

Just an FYI I have the Usamo and powered Kenton Thru arriving this week. Right now I’m using a Quadra thru and I have found it to be pretty unreliable.
By Bugfix Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:46 pm
Nomadjames wrote:Once I solved the feedback issue, I was getting freezes when I was trying to record notes into the MPC 1000 from the Deepmind.

MPC 1000 always freeze if it receive MIDI feedback loop for a few seconds.
Not sure, but I think MIDI specs are that single unit can be master OR slave, even that are options to set IN for slave and out for master - it won't work.
By allank Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 am
hmm .. might give this a try.
If you have it set to Omni thru - it might work.

WRT to the devices.. An iconnecivity MIO 4 will be far superior, as you can route, merge and split MIDI as well as filter MIDI clock in various ways.