Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Daflorettalamv Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:40 pm
Usually I use a drum machine as sound source but now I've sampled my drums onto mpc 1000 and any sample I trigger by pad 8 will be played one octave down exactly. My sequences which employ that pad plays the sample on pad 8 correctly, but any sample I set to the pad is sounded an octave down when I use the pad to trigger it! Wat the heck?

If I set the pad sample to +12, the pad will trigger the sample correctly, but then the sequence plays the sample an octave up. All my drums are on the same track. I have no clue what's going on. If I hit mode and pad 7, or mode and pad 11, the tuning of that pad and sample will be on point.

Another tuning issue I have is that when I design a program for multi sampling (playing like a keyboard) there is one note in the highest octave that is like a micro tone sharp (in between two notes)! Utterly weird. Same deal, the samples are all tuned accordingly and chromatically. How can it even be played in between notes?!

I'm using jjos free 3.16. Gonna upgrade to jjos 2xl soon but dang hope it's not the same problem there.

Thanks y'all please help meeee
By Daflorettalamv Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:27 pm
well I guess I'll never know why but I just made a fresh initial program and the pad seems to be fine now. I'll try applying a sample across this program and see if my multi sampling still has a microtonal note in it and let everyone here know. 8)
By Daflorettalamv Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 pm
Yes i tried assigning the slider to the pad and it was definitely that which was causing my issue! also tried making a fresh program for multi sampling and there are no in-between notes or anything. i didn't even know you could create micro tones, but you actually clearly totally can!

Thanks
-da