Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By cj1973 Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 am
MPC 2500 JJOSXL 3.54 or 3.55 Question:
I want to turn ‘Internal sound off’ (otherwise called ‘local control off’), so I can use mpc as a master controller for my midi keyboards and other MPCs as well.
I could do this on Akai Os and JJOS 3.13 but I don’t think I can find it on JJOSXL.
Thanks in advance!
By Sharris Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:30 pm
I've never used or heard of "local control" or "internal sound" functions..........so maybe you're referring to something else, but I have a 2500 with JJOSXL & when I want to control synths, other samplers, romplers, ect. it's a track by track basis, each track in your MPC can do something different.
So I do the following for example:
Track 1, I want to control an external synth. I don't put a program on track 1 (so no samples are assigned to track 1) & on the rightside of the screen you select the midi port & midi channel. If the synth is hooked up to midi port B, I would select midi B 1.
Then track 2, I want to control another sampler. Don't put a program on that track, select the midi port it's connected to & the midi channel.
Track 3, I want to use samples in the MPC. Select the program that has the samples I want to use & don't assign midi to it.