Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:17 am
I have the LIVE which isn't going anywhere. There are however and some JJOS as well as standard legacy MPC features I find myself needing or wanting. The Live workflow is great... I have no issue with it but I do miss some things that are simpler to execute or just plain better implemented on JJOS.

Most importantly though for me, I am back to playing drums and want to use my MPC as a sound module and sequencer for backing parts. The 1k is a solid build in my experience (tact switches and buttons aside), and will hold up to the performance rigors. Footswitches and multitimbral support are lacking in the Live as well.

Regret selling my fully upgraded 1k, but the good news is there are plenty on the used market for cheap.
By Sharris Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:01 am
I feel you man.....I use JJOSXL & love it. I started with the free JJOS & was like whatever, I put off upgrading, didn't think it would add that much, but once I upgraded to JJOSXL it blew mind how much even simple workflow changes make a difference.
By bca Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 am
Can you elaborate on what features were lacking in the LIVE compared to JJOS?
By inflict3 Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am
Man, I’m **** loving jjos3..I’ve noticed the lazy chop seems a little off, like the end points are a lil short, but it’s no biggie..jjos3 just brought new life to my mpc1000.