Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By kawaiiguy5000 Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 pm
Hello

Diving in to the MPC world here with a 1000 and just bought JJOS 3 for it. Wondering if there any concise resources / manuals for it? Would Beatmaking on the MPC 1000 be worth it? JJOSXL Sampling bible?

I have been cruising these forums and have been reading the "manual" on JJ's site. But that manual could use some work. Have also been watching tutorials on youtube. The Nomadikh MPC School series is good. But I have way more questions about sequencing / midi / and workflow than he's covered. JJ's youtube videos are kind of helpful but again, could use some work. Would be amazing if someone put together another youtube series going into the more advanced stuff in the OS.

If there are any threads that go into detail on the new OS or any tutorials around I'm missing that would be great to know.

Thanks
By tsindt Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:19 am
"Would Beatmaking on the MPC 1000 be worth it? JJOSXL Sampling bible? "

I have both books and for me they are a fantastic replacement for the original "Manual". "Beatmaking on the MPC 1000 covers the basics and works fine for the free JJOS variant (but also for the JJOSXL). The " JJOSXL Sampling bible?" gives you a ddep look espacialy for the sampling capabilities of the commercial variant of the JJOS. For me, both books are worth it!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:46 am
Thanks tsindt!

OP: I don't have a book specifically for JJOS3 and my existing JJOS books aren't suitable. Unfortunately I have no plans to create any more books for JJOS, there's simply not enough people using it these days. The best option is to muddle through with the manual and ask questions here.
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:54 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thanks tsindt!

OP: I don't have a book specifically for JJOS3 and my existing JJOS books aren't suitable. Unfortunately I have no plans to create any more books for JJOS, there's simply not enough people using it these days. The best option is to muddle through with the manual and ask questions here.

i would definitly buy one.

kawaiiguy500, The best way to learn JJos 3 is just to play around with features etc. that youre not sure of. If you still cant grasp whats going on. You can go to biglobe its the jjos site you may be familiar with it. They have a "manual" its pretty broad but ive been going through it for things im looking for like for instance the group mute function if i tilt my head enough i can translate it to simple jack language and figure it out 3 hours later. :lol: it actually helps thinking about printing the whole **** thing out. I use it for jjos128xl. I hope this helps you out until andy whips up some tutorials.