Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Scherer Mon May 28, 2018 8:22 am
Hi guys, when deleting a program and checking "Sample purge: YES" all unused samples are deleted, not only the ones that belong to the deleted program. For sure I'd like to keep all other samples and delete only the program ones. Is there a better way to remove a program with its samples?
By Sharris Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Since you can't play with the samples unless they're in a program, I would assign all samples you don't want to purge to a program. I'm pretty sure that's the only way, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Just get in the habit of immediately assigning samples to a pad in a program. You can get it done pretty fast. Maybe load all samples into a program & have that be the "sample holder". Create new program(s) to load samples you're actually using in the sequence. If you do it like this you can purge & you would just delete the "sample holder" program once done with your beat or whatever.

Too be honest I don't do it this way (use a sample holder), I just always have my samples in programs & if I move a sample to a different program I just delete it from whatever program I'm not using it in (or I leave it if I'm feelin lazy, my memory cards are filled with duplicates).