Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By saltmcgault Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:29 am
i stopped over at a friends house and was trying to show him a thing or 2 on his 2500 he’s running JJOS128XL ver.2.23 i was chillin on trim mode and without pressing anything the sample played a little bit and the “reverse” icon flashes up on the screen. then when you hit a01 the sample may play a little bit or play a little bit in reverse or play all the way through forward but with reverse on the screen. so i restarted it loaded the samples to see if it was just a electrical surcharge or some shit. it’s still doing it. when i assign any sample to a01 and press it.. it may play the sample through or halfway or just a sliver of it. then it will say i’m hitting anywhere from a014 to a10 to a05 etc. etc. when i’m hitting pad a01. i’m assuming just to try reinstalling the OS but was curious if any of you guys have ran into this hot garbage. maybe the pad sensors are *****d. i had my friend do a search in the forum but nothing really cover this problem.
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:11 pm
i used a smaller cf card 128mb reinstalled akai os, then the free jjos128xl, then jjos128xl ver.2.23 and everything works fine. I didnt know if it couldve been the pad sensors or something else that could be wrong with the mpc. Hopefully this helps if somebody is unfortunate to run into the same problem.
By tapedeck Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:58 pm
i am pretty sure that is a feature.
in trim mode, the pads play back the sample in different ways so you can hear your edits in different circumstances.
By saltmcgault Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:13 pm
tapedeck wrote:i am pretty sure that is a feature.
in trim mode, the pads play back the sample in different ways so you can hear your edits in different circumstances.

yea i know the reverse feat, play before start, after start, before end, and after end play backs. That wasn't the what was happening it was straight up jacked. im glad reinstalling jjos fixed the issue and that it wasnt anything wrong with the mpc.