Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By adbirch Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi

I just bought a JJOS2XL licence for my MPC1000, loving it so far! I'm currently predominantly using it as a sample module, with my midi keyboard for live use.

However. It sometimes (at every rehearsal so far, after a certain amount of time has passed) randomly adds vibrato/pitch modulation to all the samples in a program. I have multiple programs, each one set to a different midi channel, and when I change channel to a different program, often these other programs are unaffected (although not always). When I switch back there is still a problem. Usually by flooding the MPC with midi notes, or simply waiting a few minutes, the problem goes away, but it's totally unpredictable. I originally thought it was an issue with the midi keyboard, but have tried different ones, all with the same result (it's also not a sticky modulation wheel, which was my initial thought). Also, when you press the MPC pads, the vibrato is still there too.

Has anyone had a similar problem? It seems like such a basic thing, it must have happened to other people, or must be something obvious I'm doing wrong! For the record, I have no LFOs/envelopes set to modulate pitch.

Any help greatly appreciated! I really want to love my MPC, part of the reason for using it (and buying JJOS2XL) was to free myself from using a laptop live!

Thanks
By adbirch Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:17 pm
ZeusTheElevated wrote:hmm not sure what the issue would be - have you tried reinstalling the JJ OS?

Never had these issues with the default akai os?

Thanks for the reply. No, never had anything like this happen with the default OS. I'll try reinstalling the JJ OS and see what happens. Thanks :)