Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By TheOddfather Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 am
What's up guys! Got a quick question that I couldn't find a solid answer from when I searched the forum. I'm planning on replacing all my buttons on my 2500 with black ones because my Mode button is loose (but still works) and I figured I would swap em all out. My question is, if none of the actual tact switches need replacing and all buttons are responsive, do I still need to take the circuit board out and do some soldering? Or is it as simple as the 1000 where you just pinch the sides and pull out/pop in that sucker? Also do you guys just clean your tact switches with a q-tip or something?
Thanks dudes!
By saltmcgault Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:01 am
TheOddfather wrote:What's up guys! Got a quick question that I couldn't find a solid answer from when I searched the forum. I'm planning on replacing all my buttons on my 2500 with black ones because my Mode button is loose (but still works) and I figured I would swap em all out. My question is, if none of the actual tact switches need replacing and all buttons are responsive, do I still need to take the circuit board out and do some soldering? Or is it as simple as the 1000 where you just pinch the sides and pull out/pop in that sucker? Also do you guys just clean your tact switches with a q-tip or something?
Thanks dudes!

If all your buttons work when you press them then they are fine. when ever i take my mpc apart i usually get a can of dust remover and carefully blow that **** out. if
you’re having issues with buttons not working then you’re probably going to sodder in a new tact switch. other than that switch out yer buttons and you’re good to go bro.