Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By saltmcgault Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:05 pm
I was curious if anybody else has ran into this issue. example when playing sequence #3 with a total of 7 tracks in the sequence. while playing you hit track mute to mute/unmute tracks. Then when hitting the track mute button to exit it your track number magically appears to track #49 or #50. Ive recently updated the newest version of jjos128xl but i have ran into this before with earlier versions.
By Sharris Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 pm
hhhmmm......... I wonder if it's possible to change tracks while on the mute screen (like it's a feature & maybe you accidently hit the special button that makes it happen?)........ or it could be a "bug" type thing...... I feel like I've had this happen to me too...... I get a lot of weird happenings with my MPC's....... but sometimes I don't know if it's the MPC or my brain on drugs.

Thinking about it, it would be cool if you can change tracks on the mute screen........ I can think of a few things that would make that a nice feature when performing. But def NOT nice, if you don't want the track to change.

I'm gonna look into this & will let you know if I find anything. Hopefully it's a feature!
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 am
Sharris wrote:hhhmmm......... I wonder if it's possible to change tracks while on the mute screen (like it's a feature & maybe you accidently hit the special button that makes it happen?)........ or it could be a "bug" type thing...... I feel like I've had this happen to me too...... I get a lot of weird happenings with my MPC's....... but sometimes I don't know if it's the MPC or my brain on drugs.

Thinking about it, it would be cool if you can change tracks on the mute screen........ I can think of a few things that would make that a nice feature when performing. But def NOT nice, if you don't want the track to change.

I'm gonna look into this & will let you know if I find anything. Hopefully it's a feature!

i’ve thought the same thing this isn’t the first time. i do flip from tracks and the track mute function and even record sequences in the track mute screen. but changing from track 6 to 51 the exit out and go back in and exit and be on track 49 ? it has to be a bug.... or maybe i’m just too much for the beast. it can’t handle my ADHD or my fire beats. :lol: jk
By Sharris Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:08 pm
saltmcgault wrote:i’ve thought the same thing this isn’t the first time. i do flip from tracks and the track mute function and even record sequences in the track mute screen. but changing from track 6 to 51 the exit out and go back in and exit and be on track 49 ? it has to be a bug.... or maybe i’m just too much for the beast. it can’t handle my ADHD or my fire beats. :lol: jk

Yea, I agree, that doesn't sound right...... It HAS to be your fire beats, it's the only explanation! :nod: :smoker:
By SPACESHEEP Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:10 am
Sharris wrote:hhhmmm......... I wonder if it's possible to change tracks while on the mute screen

Changing tracks while You are on the mute screen is possible by pressing "shift" button and hitting corresponding pad. That's a very useful feature. Helps to navigate between tracks when you have more than 4-5 tracks.

Also on track mute screen pressing bank buttons switch between 1-16, 17-32, 33-48, 49-64 track mute screens. If You have, for example, chosen track 5, then pressing bank b button will show tracks 17-32. And chosen track will change from 5 to 21.
By Bugfix Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I was curious if anybody else has ran into this issue. example when playing sequence #3 with a total of 7 tracks in the sequence. while playing you hit track mute to mute/unmute tracks. Then when hitting the track mute button to exit it your track number magically appears to track #49 or #50. Ive recently updated the newest version of jjos128xl but i have ran into this before with earlier versions.

You have some internals shortcutting (After button in q-link 2 generates that)
By saltmcgault Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15 pm
Bugfix wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:I was curious if anybody else has ran into this issue. example when playing sequence #3 with a total of 7 tracks in the sequence. while playing you hit track mute to mute/unmute tracks. Then when hitting the track mute button to exit it your track number magically appears to track #49 or #50. Ive recently updated the newest version of jjos128xl but i have ran into this before with earlier versions.

You have some internals shortcutting (After button in q-link 2 generates that)

so would soldering a new button on that fix it? i’m shocked that somebody has an idea of what the malfunction is. it doesn’t always do it but it’s happened more than once.