Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ron_longwood Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:35 pm
just installed 1.06 and recognized there must be some bug while saving. can someone please try the following :

1. Power on
2. Load a drum program
3. record a sequence
4. save entire memory
5. power off
6. load project again (check , out of nowhere there are some programs called program02 , program03... until program18)
7. now load another drum program
8. record a sequence with this program
9. save project (entire memory)
10. power off , power on
11. load project again -> the program that you added doesn't find it's samples

i did the same thing with 3.05 and it works fine.

i noticed that when i startup with a blank project, when i switch programs, instead of "off" (ver 3.05) , there's "?unused" displayed.
is this only on my machine or does anyone else have this ? cause i think this might have something to do with all these new programs (program18, program19...) showing up after the first save / load cycle.

thanks

By Antonym Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:52 pm
6. load project again (check , out of nowhere there are some programs called program02 , program03... until program18)

this has happened to me, as w/ the sample not found bug.

i just clear my mem load again (sounds like a corporate jingle).

good find though, i thought i'd done something wrong. this has happened to me 2 times, and i've saved maybe 20. i'm not sure how to reproduce it though.

in other news, have you had a new fodler freeze or DATA ERROR message? i have not! love it.

By ron_longwood Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:22 pm
no folder errors until now.. but i'm more worried about those programs not saving correctly :) i really love the new os but this makes it pretty worthless. gone back to 3.05 for now, never had such problems with that

btw, i can reproduce the error each time using the procedure i described above. seems like the some samples loose connection to the pgm somehow (checking the loading screen i saw that they do not get loaded altough they are in the folder)

By Antonym Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:24 pm
i don't see this as reason to switch back - all you have to do is reload the ALL and pji (or whatever) file and you're good to go, all the info is still there but somethign getrs confused.

have you submitted that bug? it'd be a great one to get knocked out and i bet that's the next one they'd tackle.

By ron_longwood Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:30 pm
yeah i submitted it . strange thing that it came back with OS 1.06
was it the same with OS 2 , when those empty pgm's (program18, program19..) started appearing and you saved whole memory there where some pgm's loosing their samples ? i can't remember exactly..

By Od3rus Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:46 am
I've had this problem in both OSes generally from REopening programs that are already open or with similar program/sample names. I never worried about it, as i did what Ant described above.

By ron_longwood Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:45 am
it's wierd that this doesn't happen when i try the same thing in OS 3.05..
just curious if this is a general problem, so if someone running 1.06 has the time, please take a minute and try what i've described in the first post .
thanks..

By kuniklo Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:11 am
I'm seeing this here too. Has anybody reported it to JJ yet?

By ron_longwood Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:28 am
i think the problem is the following :

when i turn the mpc on (with or without autoload) there's a program called ?unused that i can't delete.
can anybody verifiy this ? just switch programs after you turned it on and see if there's a "?unused" instead of "off" being displayed.
i guess the mpc get's confused when it saves this unused program. this could have something to do with the internal memory as you can find sequences with the same name there.

kuniklo : i reported this to jj

By ron_longwood Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:29 am
jj just sent me a mail with version 4.00 , the bug seems to be corrected there. this guy is fast !

By distortedtekno Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:38 am
ron_longwood wrote:jj just sent me a mail with version 4.00 , the bug seems to be corrected there. this guy is fast !

strange... there's no new version up on the site yet since 1.06. :?

By ron_longwood Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:37 pm
it will come soon, he sent me sort of a beta with the fixed bug to test it out
By animalcub Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:19 pm
Is anyone still getting this bug????????

I start making a beat and it sounds good, I tend to save entire memory (as it includes the master effects and EQ).

When I add more sequences and then save entire memory again the new sequences do not save.

1. Switch on MPC
2. Make a beat (SEQ 1)
3. Save entire memory
4. Add another sequence (SEQ 2)
5. Save entire memory again
a. Replace exciting .prj file
6. Turn MPC OFF then ON
7. Load .prj file that I recently saved
8. Only (SEQ 1) has saved and but (SEQ 2) and any subsequent sequences are missing.

WTF

I know there are probably work arounds but saving entire memory is supposed to be a fail safe.

You should never loose any work when you've chosen this option :x

By gunmetal Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:33 pm
yes that has happened to me. so i now make another folder and save the individual sequences and sample data in it. when i want to seriously work on a beat then ill save a project folder. in the end tho' that shouldn't happen. maybe it would be best to rename the project file. or save a whole new project file altogether and delete the old one.

decisions... :)

By truvc Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm
i have a similar problem with samples not being saved. never got the sequence missing so far...
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=61702

i just submitted a bug report, i am sure if you submit yours then JJ will soon fix it :)

btw are you saving in a new folder, or autoload, or overwriting an existing folder ?